Private Jet Charter Management
Odyssey Airways is a private and executive aircraft management company and private air charter service in Tampa, Florida. Established in 2009, we've been providing corporate and executive jet management services to create professional and efficient flight operations. In 2013, we expanded our services from aircraft management and pilot services to offer private jet charters in Florida, Southeast United States, Bahamas, Mexico and the rest of the Caribbean. With our expertise in acquiring, managing, and selling corporate aircraft, Odyssey is your best aircraft management company in the Tampa Bay area.
If you are considering private aircraft ownership, we highly recommend involving an experienced and professional aircraft management company from the conception of the idea of ownership.
How Much Does A Private Jet Cost?
For first-time aircraft owners, this is the first question that usually comes to mind. The question can have a variety of answers. To answer that, we need to understand what your goals and expectations are for aircraft ownership. Is it for personal use, busiess use, or both? Usually, the answer is both. Next, you want to consider the places that you travel to on an annual basis. If you travel only within a 500 mile radius on 85% of your trips and to Europe the other 15% of the time, it would be more efficient to purchase an aircraft better suited for the range of 85% of your trips and not all of your trips.
A private jet to go to Europe, for example, can cost over $50 million but is an inefficient option to fly shorter distances. For the European trips, it would be better to simply charter a Gulfstream for those 1 or 2 trips a year and purchase an aircraft that would fulfill the mission for the 85% of your travel profiles, such as a King Air B200 or a Cessna Citation jet. These aircraft can be purchased for less than $2 million.
If a majority of your trips are only within the state of Florida, for example, and you normally only fly with 1 to 2 passengers, something like a Piper Saratoga or Cirrus SR22 can be purchased for under $200,000.
Aircraft Buying Process
Once we determine the type of aircraft that is right for you, it's best to start searching the market. It may be appealing to see an executive private jet listed online that has beautiful leather seats, can fly across the Atlantic nonstop, and is only $150,000. This is almost always too good to be true. We've seen people make a purchase such as this without the assistance of an aircraft management company and we're surprised with what they really purchased. The amount of money required to make the aircraft safe for flight far exceeded their initial budget and forced the jet on the ground for over a year.
The role of an aircraft management company is to help you make an informed decision. This includes weeding through all of the "junk" out there and presenting options that won't turn into nightmares. Once we get past that step, we assist in finding a qualified maintenance facility to conduct a prebuy inspection. In the meantime, our dedicated Director of Maintenance and our team do a full review of the aircraft maintenance logbooks to determine the entire life of the aircraft and how it was cared for.
Our role is not limited to the items discussed. We can direct you to an appropriate financing source, assist in the purchase agreement and title process.
Cost of Ownership
Flying private can be costly. Prior to your purchase and during the consideration of the proper type of aircraft, we conduct a complete ownership analysis for each aircraft. These analyses include all of the fixed costs of ownership. These costs include training of a qualified flight crew members, hangar expense, management fees, and aircraft liability insurance.
As a leading aircraft charter operator in Tampa, FL, Odyssey Airways is able to offer a way to reduce these costs of ownership. This can be done by generating charter revenue when your aircraft is not in use. By offering private jet charters out of Tampa International Airport (TPA), we can provide private flights to places such as Key West, Fort Lauderdale, and the Caribbean to generate revenue on days that you are not using your own aircraft. These could also create empty legs to some desirable locations where you will not have any cost to get to the places you want to go.
Odyssey Airways can offer you a wide range of knowlege and necessary assistance when considering aircraft ownership. We have touched on a small part of what goes into private jet ownership. If you are a company that is seeking its own aircraft for corporate use, we can be your flight department and ensure that we limit the liability to your company and its shareholders.
For more information on aircraft management and ownership, contact us today at (813) 207-5002, email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to continually visit our blog for more information.